MailChimp Basic is X-Cart's basic MailChimp solution. It connects your X-Cart based store with your MailChimp account so that your customers subscribing to your store's newsletter can be added to a mailing list in MailChimp.
MailChimp Basic is available as a built-in module in X-Cart GOLD and PRO v4.4.0-4.5.2 and X-Cart GOLD v4.5.3-4.7.2. The module does not require installation and can be enabled in the Modules section of X-Cart Admin area.
- in X-Cart GOLD PLUS and PLATINUM editions v4.5.3 and later;
- in X-Cart GOLD edition v4.7.3 and later.
In stores using the module MailChimp Basic, customers can subscribe to the store's newsletter during checkout. Note that with MailChimp Basic customer email addresses can be added to just one MailChimp list (The Unique Id of this list needs to be specified in the module's configuration settings).
The subscription flow is as follows:
- Customer subscribes to your store's newsletter by selecting the respective option at checkout (By default this option is titled "Subscribe me to the company newsletter", but you can change the wording by editing the respective language variable).
- An email message is sent to the customer in which the customer is asked to confirm their newsletter subscription.
- Once the customer confirms their subscription, their email address is added to the Mailchimp list that you specified in the module configuration settings.
Admin tasks like creating and managing lists and newsletter contents are done on the MailChimp side.
Enabling and configuring MailChimp Basic
Before you start using MailChimp Basic at your store, you need to create an account with MailChimp.
Then you need to enable and configure the module MailChimp Basic in your store's back end.
To enable the module:
- In Admin area, go to the Modules section (Settings menu->Modules).
- Choose the MailChimp Basic module by selecting the respective check box on the left.
- Click the Apply changes button. This activates the module.
After the MailChimp Basic module has been enabled in your store, you should check and adjust its configuration:
- In the Modules section (Settings menu->Modules), click the Configure link opposite the module name ('MailChimp Basic').
The module configuration page (titled by the name of the module) opens:
- Adjust the settings on the module configuration page:
- Click Apply changes.