X-Cart:Obtaining a Verified PayPal Business Account
To be able to use PayPal as a production payment method (no matter whether you wish to use Website Payments Standard, Website Payments Pro, Website Payments Pro Payflow Edition or Express Checkout standalone), you need a verified PayPal Business account. You can obtain a PayPal Business account either by signing up for a new Business account or by upgrading your existing Paypal account (Personal or Premier) to a Business account.
Merchants from the US and other countries (except the UK) should use the paypal.com website, UK merchants - the paypal.co.uk website.
If you do not have an existing Paypal account and wish to set up a new Business account:
- 1. Go to PayPal website and open the 'Merchant Services' page:
- http://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_merchant-outside for the US and Canadian website,
- https://www.paypal.com/uk/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_merchant-outside for the UK website.
- 2. Select a PayPal solution that you would like to use (Website Payments Standard / Website Payments Pro) and click the 'Sign Up' link below its name. You may also click the 'Sign Up' link at the top of the page and choose a PayPal solution later.
- Note: If you wish to use Express Checkout as an additional payment option, you should select Website Payments Pro, but you do not need to submit the Website Payments Pro application and do not need to complete the Pro billing agreement.
- 3. Choose a Business account.
- 4. Select the country or region where you live form the drop-down menu.
- 5. Provide the information required to set up a Business account (account/business owner name, address, email, business name and address, customer service information).
- 6. Confirm the email address that you used for sign up (Check your email inbox. Click the link in the PayPal confirmation email. Enter your password and click 'Confirm'.)
- 7. Add and confirm a bank account to become a Verified member. The process may take up to 3-5 business days.
If you already have a Personal or Premier PayPal account and wish to upgrade to a Business account:
- 1. (US and Canada merchants): Point your browser to https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_registration-run.
- (UK merchants): Point your browser to https://www.paypal.com/uk/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_registration-run.
- 2. Click the ‘Upgrade your account’ link in the yellow box towards the upper right hand corner.
- 3. Click the 'Upgrade Now' button.
- 4. Follow the instructions to upgrade to a Business account.
- 5. Add and confirm a bank account to become a Verified member. The process may take up to 3-5 business days.