From Qualiteam Help
The 'General settings/Shipping options' page allows you to adjust options that affect the calculation of shipping rates in your store.
General shipping options
- DISABLE SHIPPING: If selected, a customer is not offered to select a shipping method during checkout, and shipping cost is not calculated.
- Enable all shipping methods even if a customer is not logged in: If selected, all available shipping methods are shown not only to customers who are logged in, but also to anonymous customers.
- Do not calculate shipping rates for products with defined shipping freight: If selected, shipping rates for products with a defined shipping freight are not calculated.
- Do not require selection of delivery method for products with free shipping: If selected, a list of shipping methods is not displayed on checkout to customers whose order contains only ESD products (Egoods) or products with free shipping.
- List of shipping methods available for an order that contains (in addition to products with non-free shipping) some products with free shipping should be defined based on the weight of the entire order (weight of the products with free shipping included): One of the parameters defining whether a certain shipping method should be entered into the list of shipping methods available for an order is weight: the shipping method is displayed as available only if the weight of the order does not exceed the weight limit defined for this shipping method. The option 'List of shipping methods available for an order...' defines whether the weight of the products with free shipping contained in an order should be taken into account when calculating the weight of the order. If this option is selected, the weight of the order is calculated as a sum of weights of both the products with non-free shipping and the products with free shipping contained in it. If this option is unselected, the weight of the order is calculated as the sum of weights of just the products with non-free shipping (the weight of the products with free shipping is excluded).
You have two shipping methods:
Method name Weight limit Method 1 0.00 - 1.00 lbs Method 2 0.00 - 5.00 lbs
- A customer's order contains two products: Product X and Product Y, each weighing 1 lb. Product X has free shipping.
If the option 'List of shipping methods available for an order...' in your store is selected, on checkout the customer is offered just one shipping method - Method 2. That is because the total weight of the order is calculated as 2 lbs, and 2 lbs do not fit in the weight limit for Method 1.
If the option 'List of shipping methods available for an order...' is unselected, the customer is offered two shipping methods - both Method 1 and Method 2. That is because the total weight of the order is calculated as 1 lb (the weight of Product X is not taken into account), and the weight of 1 lb fits in the weight limit for both the methods.
- Use product dimensions for shipping rates calculation: This setting allows you to specify whether you wish product dimensions to be used for shipping rates calculation. If this option is enabled, calculation of shipping rates will be performed with the consideration of product dimensions, not just weight. If this option is disabled, the calculation of shipping rates will be performed based on product weight only; product dimensions will be ignored.
- Display 'Shipping information' section during registration and checkout: If this option is enabled, users checking out anonymously or registering during checkout are allowed to use the 'Ship to a different address' checkbox option to access the form section where they can specify a shipping address different from their billing address. If this option is disabled, the 'Ship to a different address' checkbox option and the respective form section are unavailable.
Real-time shipping options
- Enable real-time shipping calculation: If selected, your customers will see an estimation of shipping cost for orders before they are placed. These shipping rates will be received directly from the shipping carriers. Consult the 'Real-time Shipping Calculators' section for more information.
- Use InterShipper calculation service: If selected, UPS, USPS and FedEX real-time shipping rates will be obtained by your store via InterShipper.
Dimensions of the shipping box for small items (for real-time shipping)
This section allows you to set the length, width and height of the shipping box that you will use to ship orders containing only small items (Small items are products for which the option 'Use the dimensions of this product for shipping cost calculation' on the 'Product details' page is disabled).
InterShipper account details
This section allows you to provide your InterShipper account details.
U.S.P.S account details
This section allows you to provide your U.S.P.S. account details.
CanadaPost account details
This section allows you to provide your CanadaPost account details.
DHL/Airborne account details
This section allows you to provide your DHL/Airborne account details.
This section allows you to provide your FedEx account details.
Test Realtime Shipping Rates Calculation
This section allows you to test real-rime shipping rate calculation.