To upload your products into the cart, you should first prepare an import file in ".csv" format.
The CSV (Comma Separated Values) file format saves only the text and values as they are displayed in cells of the active worksheet. All rows and all characters in each cell are saved. Columns of data are separated by commas, and each row of data ends with a carriage return. If a cell contains a comma, the cell contents are enclosed in double quotation marks.
If cells display formulas instead of formula values, the formulas are converted as text. All formatting, graphics, objects, and other worksheet contents are lost.
- If your workbook contains special font characters such as a copyright symbol (c), and you will be using
the converted text file on a computer with a different operating system, save the workbook in the text file format appropriate for that system. For example, if you are using Windows and want to use the text file on a Macintosh computer, save the file in the CSV (Macintosh) format. If you are using a Macintosh computer and want to use the text file on a system running Windows or Windows NT, save the file in the CSV (Windows) format.
- Please don't use the slash symbol ('/') in the category name, this symbol is used as a category separator.
- If any field has a text with quotations marks ("), each quotation mark should be doubled ("->"").
- Please don't use any currency symbols for a product price value.
Let's imagine that you'd like to add two test products with images using the csv file. Here are the steps to perform:
1. Create the csv file and fill it out with the following content:
Name this file "test_add.csv" and upload this csv file to the 'litecommerce root dir/csv' folder.
2. During the "Import catalog" process you can use the images which are stored only in the filesystem. Create the images listed below:
- thumb1.jpg - thumbnail image for "product 1"
- detimg1.jpg - detailed image for "product 1"
- thumb2.jpg - thumbnail image for "product 2"
- detimg2.jpg - detailed image for "product 2"
and upload them into the "/images" folder.
Note: Make sure that this folder 'images/' and all imagefiles in this folder have writeable permissions (777).
3. Define the following settings on the admin area, "Import catalog" page:
- Column order: sku name category bref_description description thumbnail image price tax_class weight order_by enable NULL NULL
- Fields delimiter: Comma
- Text qualifier: "
- Directory where images are located: images
- File (CSV) local: csv/test_add.csv
4. Click "Import products" button.
If you followed this instruction carefully but you are still failing to add products to the cart, please provide us with temporary ftp access to your server and path to your csv file so that we can examine it. We'll be glad to help you.