The default LiteCommerce uses the PHP's "mail()" function to send e-mails. However, it is possible to re-configure the mailing facilities to use a direct connection to SMTP server.
To change the mailer facilities settings the following modification should be applied.
First of all, you should find out the PHP version.
Depending on the PHP version, one of the following files should be changed:
- PHP4 - the "lib/PHPMailer/class.phpmailer.php" file,
- PHP5 - the "lib5/PHPMailer/class.phpmailer.php" file.
In the "class.phpmailer.php" file the following parameters can be changed:
- This line defines that the direct connection to the SMTP server should be used:
var $Mailer = "smtp";
- This line defines the SMTP server hostname, for example "smtp.example.com" :
var $Host = "smtp.example.com";
- This line defines that the SMTP authentication should not be used :
var $SMTPAuth = false;
- But, if the SMTP server requires authentication, the previous variable value should be set to "true" and the following variables values should contain the SMTP username/password:
var $Username = ""; var $Password = "";