1. PHP - Web server must support PHP version 4.1.0 or higher 4.x release. PHP5 (v5.1.0 or higher) is supported as well.
Make sure the configuration file php.ini meets the following requirements:
- safe_mode is disabled
- file_uploads is enabled
- allow_url_fopen is enabled
- magic_quotes_sybase is disabled
- sql.safe_mode is disabled
- ini_set must is enabled
- enable_dl is enabled or necessary IonCube libraries are specified (please view LiteCommerce user manual for details)
2. MySQL - Web server must have support for MySQL database. LiteCommerce is compatible with any MySQL version from 3.23 to 5.x. You will need to have access to MySQL database, i.e. to know MySQL server name, database name, username and password for MySQL access.
3. Hosting space - Unpacked distribution of LiteCommerce requires about 10 megabytes of disk space, but you may need more if you are going to use additional files and custom templates for LiteCommerce. The database size used by LiteCommerce depends on the number of products, customers and orders stored in it. For example, for small shops it may be 1 megabyte, for medium 10, and for huge stores over 100 megabytes.
Advanced requirements and recommended settings
- Curl executable or libCurl PHP module or OpenSSL external application installed on server for some payment gateway modules and for Real-time shipping quotes add-on.
- xml/EXPAT extension for PHP is required for Intershipper, UPS, USPS, CanadaPost shipping modules, PayPalPro and PHPCyberSource payment modules.
- SSL certificate is needed if you want your users to access your site using HTTPS/SSL protocol.