Using a dialog box to choose a product
This article provides instrucitions on using the "Choose a product" dialog box. This dialog box opens when you need to select a product for some X-Cart features, like creation of upselling links in the Upselling Products module or adding a product to a certain order in the Advanced Order Management module.
Choosing a product
To select a product that should be added:
- Choose the category containing the product that should be added and click Show products or double-click on the category name to see the list of products of this category.
The list of products opens in the right-hand side of the dialog box.
- Choose the product that should be added and click Select or double-click on the product name.
The dialog box closes and the product name appears in the corresponding field on the page where it should be added.
While using the 'Choose a product' dialog box, you can use bookmarks. Bookmarks allow you to pre-select products (add products to a list of bookmarked items from which they can be quickly selected at a later time).
- To bookmark a product:
- To select a bookmarked product:
- Find the product in the 'Bookmarks' list at the top of the 'Choose a product' dialog box.
- Click on the product name. The product name appears in the corresponding field on the page where it should be added.