Using your X-Cart Account
This article provides help on using your X-Cart Account
- 1 HelpDesk sections
- 1.1 Communication center
- 1.1.1 Ticket Life Cycle
- 1.1.2 How to submit a new ticket
- 1.1.3 How to post messages to open tickets
- 1.1.4 How to close tickets
- 1.1.5 How to re-open tickets
- 1.1.6 "HotRush" check-box
- 1.1.7 "Priority" select-box
- 1.1.8 "Get price quote for my support request" check-box
- 1.1.9 How to rate a ticket?
- 1.1.10 Recommendations
- 1.1.11 How to hide closed messages from the Communication index?
- 1.1.12 What do 'obsolete' and 'out of guarantee' versions mean?
- 1.1.13 How do I know my product version?
- 1.2 File area
- 1.3 My licenses
- 1.4 Projects
- 1.5 Buy products/services
- 1.6 Invoices
- 1.7 Orders
- 1.8 Accounting
- 1.9 Profiles
- 1.10 Affiliate program
- 1.11 Complaints
- 1.12 How to transfer the license to another party?
- 1.13 How to transfer skin/add-on license?
- 1.14 I received your notification but when I login to the Communication center, the message is not there
- 1.15 How to subscribe to our company newsletters?
- 1.16 How to accept the transferred license?
- 1.17 How to buy a new license (add-on, techsupport, etc.)?
- 1.18 How to get a printable invoice for my purchase?
- 1.19 How can I let my represetative (e.g. webmaster) use the message board and the forum?
- 1.20 How to change my license URL?
- 1.21 Why can't I see the software files in the "File area" section?
- 1.22 How to transfer the license?
- 1.23 How should I settle my invoice?
- 1.24 Why My file area is empty?
- 1.25 How to change hosting plan?
- 1.1 Communication center
- 2 Troubleshooting
- 3 See also
This section allows you to communicate with the X-Cart Team by submitting inquiries (tickets).
Ticket Life Cycle
1. A new submitted ticket is dispatched to a corresponding department depending on the essence of the enquiry. 2. Request discussion is held until the required task is accomplished. 3. A ticket can be pre-closed automatically:
- a Sales ticket - if no messages are posted in the ticket during 30 days (14 days in pre-sales helpdesk accounts)
- a Project ticket - if all project tasks are finished and no messages are sent in the ticket during 30 days
- a Support ticket - if an issue reported has been solved and no messages are posted in the ticket during several days
The Pre-closed ticket status can be changed to Closed or In Progress manually in ticket properties. 4. If the Pre-closed status is kept, the ticket will be closed automatically:
- a Sales, Support or Generic ticket - in three days after the Pre-closed status is set and if no new messages are posted in the ticket
- a Project ticket - in three days if no new messages are posted in the ticket and all related project tasks are finished.
5. In case of necessity a ticket can be re-opened by status changing in ticket properties.
How to submit a new ticket
- Log into your helpdesk account at https://secure.x-cart.com
- Enter section ‘Communication Center’
- Click button ‘Create a new ticket’
- Fill in all fields:
- Type - Techsupport question or Sales question depending on the nature of your request
- License - in the left-side box called’ Unset‘ find the license for the store within which assistance is required. click the license and press the arrow button to move the license to the right-side box called ‘Set’.
- Product version - specify the version of your X-Cart store when submitting a support request, this informaition is helpful for the support team.
- HotRush - can be set for an urgent techsupport request , here’s more information on HotRush.
- Priority - Normal, Major or Minor depending on inquiry importance and urgency.
- Brief description - a short title of your request.
- Message - in the message area please type in your request in detail
- Add files - this tool allows you to attach files to a request; use buttons ‘Add’ and ‘Drop’ to the right to add and remove attachments.
- Press button ‘Send’ to submit the request.
How to post messages to open tickets
- Select a ticket on the 'Communication index' page;
- Find a message which you want to answer, click 'Reply' icon (an envelope with green arrow) on the right; or just scroll down to the 'Send new message' form;
- Type in a message and click 'Send'.
NOTE: you can post new messages only into open tickets.
How to close tickets
When your question is resolved you can close the ticket yourself:
- enter 'Communication Center';
- select the ticket you want to close;
- click on the "Ticket properties" link;
- choose "Closed" from the "Status" drop-down;
- click "Update".
How to re-open tickets
- select a Closed ticket you want to open;
- click on the "Ticket properties" icon;
- choose "Reopen" from the "Status" drop-down;
- click "Update";
NOTE: it is advisable to reopen a ticket only if the new information directly relates to the problem initially reported in the ticket. Otherwise your message will be moved to a new ticket to be processed as a new request.
If you request for tech support, this checkbox allows you to set your ticket to the highest priority, i.e. to be processed out of turn. This service is called Hotrush support.
If you want to get an urgent assistance tick the "HotRush" check-box when creating a new ticket or modifying ticket properties. In all other cases, please use "Priority" select-box.
When opening a regular ticket (not HotRush) you can assign a priority level to the issue to specify the order in which you would like your inquiry to be processed:
- Major: the issue should be addressed as fast as possible,
- Normal: not that urgent, but a faster reply is preferred,
- Minor: you agree to wait the guaranteed turnaround time - 24 hours.
Your tickets are graded and processed by our staff according to the assigned priority levels.
You can also change the priority level while the ticket is in progress (open 'ticket properties' and select another option from the 'Priority' drop-down). So, when you need a faster assistance you will always be able to change the ticket level to Normal or Major and to have it processed as fast as possible.
Whatever priority you choose, our support team will do their best to process your requests at the earliest opportunity and reduce the actual response/turnaround time to be less than 24 hours.
If, however, the problem brooks no delay you should mark the ticket as HotRush.
In order to prevent the misuse of the Major priority level we put the following restriction on the system: the more Major tickets you open the lower priority your account has.
That is, if you choose to assign the Major level to all your tickets the actual average priority level of your account will be Normal. Contrariwise, if most of your tickets are Minor the average priority level for your account will be higher.In other words, the more Major tickets you have the lower response/turnaround time your tickets have.
"Get price quote for my support request" check-box
If you request for tech support, and concerned about how much would it cost, click this check-box to get a preliminary cost of your ticket. We will estimate your request and inform you of an approximate ticket cost. The support team will not process the ticket until you confirm the cost.
Note that it may postpone the ticket-handling. We, therefore, should not recommend using this option if you need an urgent solution.
How to rate a ticket?
The ticket rate is used to track your experience working with our staff. It allows us to improve the service quality based on customer feedback and to guarantee customer satisfaction.
Only closed tickets can be rated. Thus to rate a ticket you should close it first.
Once the ticket is closed click on the "Rate us" link next to the ticket name in the "Rate a ticket" column and follow the instructions.
Below is a guide to help things run smoother. By following these recommendations you will facilitate usage of your personal message board and save your time and money.
- Do NOT post the same question to different tickets ("cross posting"). Do NOT start a new ticket when there is a discussion on the same topic going on in another ticket already.
- Each separate issue is supposed to be posted to the Communication Center of your X-Cart Account into a separate ticket specially created for it. That is why please avoid posting several non-related to each other questions into one ticket to avoid possible miscommunication.
- When posting a new ticket, make sure you give your problem a good description.
Simply putting something like 'help me please my site is down' will not speed up the answer and will not help us to help you. If you are so excited over the sudden trouble, which has come like a bolt from the blue, that can't think clearly and positively about your cart and our company in general, please, calm down first. Then try the best and make out as detailed explanation of the problem as possible. Eventually it may appear the issue is not that bad as it seemed. Furthermore there is no such a problem that couldn't be cracked at all. If we cannot fix the problem we will give you a solution at the least.
- Specify your store version, software type, problem URL and access to your server. You can post server details to "Post access info" tab. It will help the support engineers a lot in troubleshooting. Otherwise, if your question requires technical investigation, problem–solving process will be delayed without server access.
- There are several types of tickets:
- "Tech support question" for requests to tech support dep;
- "Project question"
- Thank you for ordering installation services,
Use an appropriate ticket to discuss a certain topic. It helps keep continuity and prevents from superfluous gathering of tickets which may cause misunderstanding and even miscommunication even between our employees.
If you are not sure what department or person your request relates to, choose support department. Tech support team will examine it and forward to a relevant department or person.
- All the notifications on messages posted in the communication center are sent to the email address you indicated upon registration. Please, keep it in mind while waiting for an answer and (what is more important) when you decide to change your contacts. You should notify us beforehand or you can change your contact email using 'Profiles' -> 'Edit self-profile' section of your X-Cart Account.
How to hide closed messages from the Communication index?
In order to reduce the number of tickets shown in the communication index, you should select the "Hide closed and rated tickets" option. It will hide all the closed and rated tickets from the Communication index. This way only open tickets will be shown in the index.
What do 'obsolete' and 'out of guarantee' versions mean?
While creating a support ticket in your 'Communication center', you see 'Obsolete' and 'Out of guarantee' versions of the software on the 'Product version:' drop-down list:
- 'Obsolete' means the version is not the latest one, although it is still supported. So, if you find a bug in an obsolete version, you'll be provided with a free patch for fixing it. As a rule, this is not the latest version of the latest branch.
- 'Out of guarantee' means that if you find a new bug in such version, the only solution are going to have is to upgrade to a newer version of the software. No bug-fixing patches are provided for out-of-guarantee versions. As a rule, this is not the latest version of an earlier branch.
Any version, released earlier than 1 year ago, is considered 'Out of guarantee'.
Nevertheless, we provide support for all versions of the software, so please feel free to contact us via your HelpDesk account, should you require any assistance.
How do I know my product version?
1. Technical assistance and consulting are provided according to the Qualiteam's Technical Support Assistance and Consulting Agreement.
3. When a new issue is reported in a currently open ticket, the issue may be moved to a new ticket and processed separately for an additional fee.
4. Sales questions, questions related to custom development of projects within the guarantee period, general questions not requiring technical consulting or assistance, quote requests — are serviced free of charge.
5. To find out how much your technical support request would cost, use the 'Get price quote for my support request' option. We will estimate your request and provide you with a preliminary cost for your support request. The support team will not start working on the ticket until you confirm the cost.
6. If you have no active technical support subscription, your technical support request may remain unanswered for more than one business day or a subscription to the technical support services may be required.
7. Software bugs should be registered through the special 'Report a bug' form as described in the Qualiteam's services FAQ; otherwise, they may remain unanswered for more than one business day or require a subscription to the technical support services.
'File area' section enables you to exchange files with our company. If you need to download and upload the necessary software, please follow the instructions below:
1) Enter your X-Cart Account.
2) Go to the 'File area'. You'll see a page divided in two.
3) In the left column you'll see the list of folders. If some folder has a small plus sign (+) on the left, click on this "plus" and you'll see its subfolders.
4) In the left column among all the available folders and subfolders find the needed one and click on it.
5) In the right column you'll see the chosen folder's content as a list of files. Most files in the 'File area' have special notes explaining which version this file is used for. Click on the small arrow opposite to the file name, a dropdown will show you the note.
6) If you want to download something, click the necessary file name and the system will offer you to save it on your local PC. Specify the destination and cick the "Save" button. The file will be stored in your file system then.
7) If you need to upload a file from your PC to the 'File area', use the 'My files' folder. In the right column click the 'Upload files' link and the system will offer you to specify the file location using the 'Browse' button. Do it and click the 'Upload' button. The file will appear in the 'My files' folder then.
8) "Ticket attachments" folder contains files that you and our staff have uploaded in tickets in the communication center.
File Area structure. X-Cart
- - "X-Cart 5": contains information files explaining how to download X-Cart 5 files.
- - "X-Cart 4": contains packages of X-Cart v4.x Classic (latest and previous versions).
- - "X-Cart 4 Addons": contains add-on modules' distribution files in the corresponding sub-folders. E.g. if you purchased an X-Cart v4.x add-on and would like to use it in X-Cart v4.3.2 you can download it in File Area -> X-Cart -> X-Cart 4.3.2 -> Add-on modules -> <Add-on name> folder.
How to find security patches
This section holds a list of software licenses assigned to you. It allows to:
- register installed software
- change URL a software is licensed to use at
- transfer a license to a 3rd party
- get upgrade packs
This section holds a list of projects/tasks associated with your stores. It allows to:
- monitor how projects are progressing
- communicate to Qualiteam engineers
- perform task acceptance
Use this section to purchase products or services.
In the 'Invoices' section there are invoices awaiting payment. Once you purchase something, a receipt appears in the 'Orders' section.
This section holds the list of purchases you made with Qualiteam.
This section contains records of liabilities.
This section holds a list of users associated with your X-Cart Account.
|Primary account||Primary account holder is the license owner. This is the person who purchased the license.
The account owner can access any section of the HelpDesk.
|Secondary account||Secondary account is a limited account type. The secondary account owners are able to use the HelpDesk message board. But they do not have access to the most of the sections (File area, Orders, Invoices, Profiles, Buy products/services, My licenses, etc.)|
|Advanced secondary account||Advanced secondary account is an enhanced account type, that allows the primary account to delegate some rights to other staff members.
The advanced secondary account holder is allowed to: buy products and services, see and pay invoices and orders, review projects related information (orders, invoices, specifications), download software distribution packs and the necessary security patches.
It does not allow License related operations, e.g. transfer of license, etc. This is an exlusive right available to the primary account holder only.
NOTE: all the products, purchased by the company representatives (inluding advanced secondary account holders) shall be considered the property of the license holder, i.e. the primary account owner.
Allows to monitor your performance in Qualiteam affiliate program.
This section should be used in case you are dissatisfied with the product or service, actions or lack of action by the Qualiteam or its staff.
How to transfer the license to another party?
You should submit a request to transfer your license:
- go to 'My licenses' section of your X-Cart Account;
- click 'Transfer' link opposite the license you are going to transfer;
- fill in the fields in the request form: URL to which the license is transferred; 'company information' (the company which the license is transferred to); 'Account information' (the information on the person who will manage the license after it is transferred); number of TS-points being transferred along with the license;
- click 'Transfer' button.
NOTE: if you are transferring your license to a person, who has Qualiteam Account, you should select 'existing customer' option in field 'Transfer to'. Then enter 'Primary contact person E-mail:'.
How to transfer skin/add-on license?
You should submit a request to transfer your add-on or skin license:
1. Go to 'My licenses' section. Click 'Transfer' link opposite the license, to which the skin/add-on you are going to transfer is registered.
2. The list of the add-ons is in section 'Select products'. Click 'Uncheck all'. Choose add-on(s) you want to transfer.
3. In drop-down box 'License key': - if you are moving the add-on to one of your licenses, you should select the license key from the list; - if have several licenses of your own and are going to transfer the add-on to another company/person, you should select "Other company license" and type the license key in the field below. - if have only one license of your own and are going to transfer the add-on to another company/person, you should just type the license key in the field.
4. (optional) Submit a number of support points you would like to transfer with the add-on.
Click 'Request license transfer'.
NOTE: you can transfer a skin/add-on license only to a person, who already has X-Cart or LiteCommerce license.
I received your notification but when I login to the Communication center, the message is not there
Usually it takes some time for our messages to be replicated on your side. The automatic notifications are sent out immediately after new message is posted. Therefore if you login to check new message right after you receive a notification you are not able to view it because it has not appeared in your Qualiteam Account yet. You can place your answer then (as you have the text of the message in the notification) or wait for 20 minutes.
If you'd like to keep your store updated and secure, to be notified on all new releases and special offers, you have an opportunity to subscribe to our company newsletters. Please log in to your Qualiteam Account, go to the 'Manage accounts'->'Edit self profile' page. At the bottom of the page there is the 'Newsletter' section with 5 options:
- Company news:
- Promotions and special offers:
- Security alerts and advisory:
- About new products and releases:
- Minor releases and updates (high volume):
Tick the checkbox opposite the necessary option(s). Then you'll be regularly informed on the desired subject.
How to accept the transferred license?
1. Go to "My licenses" section. The license has 'Not accepted' status currently.
2. Click "Accept" link. The Agreement terms will appear. Read them carefully so that to avoid possible misunderstandings in future.
3. You should accept the agreement terms by submitting a signature. The signature is any number of characters, any name you want (it could be your name or the name of your neighbor) which is to be entered with two slashes (/) along the edges for ex.,
After the procedure is completed all distributives, patches and documentation will appear in your 'File area'.
How to buy a new license (add-on, techsupport, etc.)?
Purchases are made via 'Buy products/services' page of your Qualiteam Account. Click on the 'List of available Products and Services' and the new page will offer you different licenses, add-ons, skins and services. Next to selected product click 'Order online' button and follow the procedure.
How to get a printable invoice for my purchase?
- If you paid the order via PayPRO Global
Invoice is sent to you by email upon successful confirmation of your payment by PayPRO. Also, you can contact PayPRO, tell they your order ID and other details and get invoice re-sent.
- If you paid the order via 2CheckOut.com:
We are not able to provide you with printable invoice for your purchase due to conditions for sellers set by 2Checkout.com. You need to submit a request with 2Checkout ID of your sale to the customer service of 2CheckOut.com at http://www.2checkout.com/support and they will provide you with printable version of the invoice for your purchase.
- If the order is paid by wire transfer/other payment method:
How can I let my represetative (e.g. webmaster) use the message board and the forum?
To authorise some representative of yours in the Qualiteam Account, you should create a secondary user account for this person connected to your account.
Go to the 'Manage accounts' section -> 'New account' tab. Fill in the profile with the person's contact info. His/her email adress will become his/her Qualiteam Account login.
By default, secondary user accounts are able to use the message board, to navigate through the FAQ section. But they do not have access to most of the sections ('Manage accounts', 'File area', 'Orders', 'Invoices', 'Buy products/services', 'My licenses', etc.). Thus secondary accounts are not permitted to manage serious business issues. All they can do is to hold correspondence via 'Communication center' and take part in forum threads.
How to change my license URL?
If you would like to change the license URL, please follow the steps below:
1) go to the 'My licenses' section;
2) click the 'Change URL' link opposite the desired license; you will be redirected to the "Change license URL" tab
3) in case you are moving to another directory within the same domain enter a new path in the provided input field and hit 'Change folder location' button.
4) in case moving to another domain click "Change domain" link, enter the new URL in the displayed textfield, tick "I understand that I have to remove the software from old_url within 48 hours after the license is reissued" checkbox, and hit 'Change URL' button.
In case of any error/typo in the new URL please contact support team.
Information on the license URL changes will be recorded in a log ticket in the 'Communication center' - "LOG: License URL modifications."
Further actions for LiteCommerce users:
Now that you have changed the license URL of your store and have got the confirmation from us, you are able to change your cart's URL and use this new license in the admin area (Admin area / License).
Here's a brief instruction on what steps you should perform in order to launch the store at the new URL. Please be sure that you complete all the stages as they are all obligatory.
1. You will find License Certificate in your Qualiteam Account at https://secure.qtmsoft.com Go to 'My Licenses' section. There is 'Certificate' link next to the corresponding license entry. Copy all the text in the 'License certificate:' window and insert it on "Licenses" page of your LiteCommerce admin area. Your license has two parts (customer information and license). You should copy the whole text (both parts).
2. Also you should correct 'host settings' in the configuration file: /etc/config.php
[host_details] http_host = "www.yourhost.com" https_host = "www.yourhost.com" web_dir = "/"
After that your cart will be working on new domain.
For X-Cart users:
You should correct host settings in the configuration file: /config.php
$xcart_http_host ="www.yourhost.com"; $xcart_https_host ="www.yourhost.com"; $xcart_web_dir ="";
After that your cart will be working on new domain.
Why can't I see the software files in the "File area" section?
Please check which of the below reasons refer to your very case.
1) Your product license currently has the "Pending" status (can be checked in the 'My licenses' section). This means that your purchase hasn't yet been verified. As soon as the billing manager processes your order, the software will become accessible for you.
2) You are logged in a secondary user account (can be checked in the 'Manage accounts' section). This means you aren't allowed to access the software. Please ask the owner of primary Qualiteam Account to download the files.
3) Other cases are specific and you need to post a request to 'Communication center'. A responsible person will inform you on the exact reason of the software unavailability.
How to transfer the license?
If you would like to transfer your license, please follow the steps below:
1) go to the 'My licenses' section;
2) click the 'Transfer' link opposite the license you are going to transfer;
3) fill in the fields in the request form:
- - URL to which the license is transferred;
- - 'company information' (the company whom the license is transferred to);
- - 'Account information' (the information on the person who will manage the license after it is transferred);
- - number of tech support points being transferred along with the license;
4) click the 'Request license transfer' button and follow the procedure.
How should I settle my invoice?
Enter your Qualiteam Account and go to the 'Invoices' section. Find the neccessary invoice (look through the 'Description' field which explains what this invoice is set for). Click on 'Pay' opposite the necessary invoice. Follow the procedure carefully and you'll be finally redirected to the 2CO site where you are supposed to finish the transaction.
Why My file area is empty?
If you have just purchased the license, your order may not have been finalized properly. Contact us using 'Communication center' in your HelpDesk account.
If you are an existing customer, you should ensure that you did not transfer your license(s) to another company. Access to the software files is closed when no licenses are registered in an account.
Otherwise, please, contact our customer service the 'Communication center'. We will check your account.
How to change hosting plan?
If you would like to upgrade your hosting plan to a more advanced or a longer one please submit a sales ticket in your Qualiteam Account -> Communication Center, our sales team will assist you with the change.