Using your X-Cart Account
This article provides help on using your X-Cart Account
- 1 Qualiteam Account sections
- 1.1 Communication center
- 1.2 File area
- 1.3 My licenses
- 1.4 Projects
- 1.5 Buy products/services
- 1.6 Invoices
- 1.7 Orders
- 1.8 Accounting
- 1.9 Profiles
- 1.10 Affiliate program
- 1.11 Complaints
- 1.12 How to transfer the license to another party?
- 1.13 How to transfer skin/add-on license?
- 1.14 What is the 'Priority' select-box?
- 1.15 I received your notification but when I login to the Communication center, the message is not there
- 1.16 How to subscribe to your company newsletters?
- 1.17 How to accept the transferred license?
- 1.18 How to buy a new license (add-on, techsupport, etc.)?
- 1.19 How can I let my represetative (e.g. webmaster) use the message board and the forum?
- 1.20 How to change my license URL?
- 1.21 Why can't I see the software files in the "File area" section?
- 1.22 How to transfer the license?
- 1.23 How should I settle my invoice?
- 1.24 Why My file area is empty?
- 1.25 How to change hosting plan?
- 2 Troubleshooting
- 3 See also
Qualiteam Account sections
This section enables you to communicate to Qualiteam staff by submitting inquiries (tickets).
Tickets "life cycle"
- You submit a support ticket with your question. Our dispatchers classify the request and rate it or forward to a necessary department,
- if the ticket is tech support, a support engineer processes it in turn,
- if you do not post any comments to the ticket for a period of time after the engineer's reply, the ticket is set to PRE CLOSED status. You receive a notification about this change, which also notifies you about the ticket cost,
- if no feedback from you is sent in 3 days, the ticket is closed. You receive a notification about it too. A corresponding number of support points is deducted from your account (if the ticket is paid),
- you can re-open the ticket within 14 days after it is closed.
If you consider the issue not resolved you can continue the conversation at any stage above provided that the point #5 applies.
a. How to submit new ticket
- enter 'Communication Center' section,
- click on 'Create a new ticket',
- choose a type of your question 'Tech support question/Sales question',
- select a license: click on the license URL in the right box and click on "<" button to move the license into the left 'Set' box. You can change the selected license in the same way: click on it and press ">" button to return the license into the "Unset" box,
- if you have chosen a certain license, select the version of this store from drop-down "Product version:". Often we need to know your x-cart version in order to give you correct instructions.
- set your software version in the "Product version:" field. In order to learn your store version, please check the content of "VERSION" file (you can do it by entering your store URL with /VERSION in your browser address bar). For example, you can check our X-Cart demo store version as follows: http://demo.x-cart.com/demo/VERSION and LiteCommerce demo store version can be checked as follows: http://demo.litecommerce.com/VERSION
- select a priority level,
- fill in a brief description of the reported subject,
- type in your message and click on the 'Send' button.
b. How to post messages to open tickets
- Select a ticket on the 'Communication index' page;
- Find a message which you want to answer, click 'Reply' icon (an envelope with green arrow) on the right; or just scroll down to the 'Send new message' form;
- Type in a message and click 'Send'.
NOTE: you can post new messages only into open tickets.
c. How to close tickets
When your question is resolved you can close the ticket yourself:
- enter 'Communication Center';
- select the ticket you want to close;
- click on the "Ticket properties" link;
- choose "Closed" from the "Status" drop-down;
- click "Update".
d. How to re-open tickets
- select a Closed ticket you want to open;
- click on the "Ticket properties" icon;
- choose "Reopen" from the "Status" drop-down;
- click "Update";
NOTE: it is advisable to reopen a ticket only if the new information directly relates to the problem initially reported in the ticket. Otherwise your message will be moved to a new ticket to be processed as a new request.
e. "HotRush" checkbox
This checkbox allows you to set your ticket to the highest priority, i.e. to be processed out of turn. This service is called HotRush support. If you want to get an urgent assistance tick the "HotRush" box when creating a new ticket or modifying ticket properties.
f. How to rate a ticket?
The ticket rate is used to track your experience working with our staff. It allows us to improve the service quality based on customer feedback and to guarantee customer satisfaction.
Only closed tickets can be rated. Thus to rate a ticket you should close it first.
Once the ticket is closed click on the "Rate us" link next to the ticket name in the "Rate a ticket" column and follow the instructions.
Below is a guide to help things run smoother. By following these recommendations you will facilitate usage of your personal message board and save your time and money.
- Do NOT post the same question to different tickets ("cross posting"). Do NOT start a new ticket when there is a discussion on the same topic going on in another ticket already.
- According to the Ticket-based support system, each separate issue is supposed to be posted to the Communication Center of your X-Cart Account into a separate ticket specially created for it. That is why please avoid posting several non-related to each other questions into one ticket to avoid possible miscommunication and incorrect rates of your inquiries.
- When posting a new ticket, make sure you give your problem a good description.
Simply putting something like 'help me please my site is down' will not speed up the answer and will not help us to help you. If you are so excited over the sudden trouble, which has come like a bolt from the blue, that can't think clearly and positively about your cart and our company in general, please, calm down first. Then try the best and make out as detailed explanation of the problem as possible. Eventually it may appear the issue is not that bad as it seemed. Furthermore there is no such a problem that couldn't be cracked at all. If we cannot fix the problem we will give you a solution at the least.
- Specify your store version, software type, problem URL and access to your server. You can post server details to "Post access info" tab. It will help the support engineers a lot in troubleshooting. Otherwise, if your question requires technical investigation, problem–solving process will be delayed without server access.
- There are several types of tickets:
- "Tech support question" for requests to tech support dep;
- "Project question"
- Thank you for ordering installation services,
Use an appropriate ticket to discuss a certain topic. It helps keep continuity and prevents from superfluous gathering of tickets which may cause misunderstanding and even miscommunication even between our employees.
If you are not sure what department or person your request relates to, choose support department. Tech support team will examine it and forward to a relevant department or person.
- All the notifications on messages posted in the communication center are sent to the email address you indicated upon registration. Please, keep it in mind while waiting for an answer and (what is more important) when you decide to change your contacts. You should notify us beforehand or you can change your contact email using 'Profiles' -> 'Edit self-profile' section of your X-Cart Account.
How to hide closed messages from the Communication index?
In order to reduce the number of tickets shown in the communication index, you should select the "Hide closed and rated tickets" option. It will hide all the closed and rated tickets from the Communication index. This way only open tickets will be shown in the index.
What do 'obsolete' and 'out of guarantee' versions mean?
While creating a support ticket in your 'Communication center' you see 'Obsolete' and 'Out of guarantee' software versions in the 'Product version:' drop down list:
- 'Obsolete' version means that it is not the latest version, but still a supported one. So if you find a bug in an obsolete version, you'll be provided with the free patch for its fixing. As a rule, this is not the latest version of the latest branch.
- 'Out of guarantee' version means that in case you find a new bug in such a version the only solution will be to upgrade to a newer version of the software. No bug-fixing patches are released for out of guarantee version. As a rule, this is not the latest version of the earlier branches.
However we provide support for all software versions, so please feel free to contact us in your HelpDesk account should you require any assistance.
Support requests processing
Your support requests will be processed pursuant to Qualiteam's policy specified at http://www.qtmsoft.com/support/ticket_processing.html, and will be charged a certain number of support points as determined at http://www.qtmsoft.com/support/incident-based-support.html
If you report a new issue in an open ticket, it may be moved to a new ticket and charged separately. Bug patches, sales questions, questions relating to custom development projects within the guarantee period are not charged.
If you are concerned about support points charging you can use option 'How much is my support request going to cost?'. We will estimate your request and inform you of an approximate ticket cost. The support team will not start working on the ticket until you confirm the cost.
You may also want to refer to the on-line free resources:
NOTE: Please use the special 'Report a bug' form for bug registration.
'File area' section enables you to exchange files with our company. If you need to download and upload the necessary software, please follow the instructions below:
1) Enter your X-Cart Account.
2) Go to the 'File area'. You'll see a page divided in two.
3) In the left column you'll see the list of folders. If some folder has a small plus sign (+) on the left, click on this "plus" and you'll see its subfolders.
4) In the left column among all the available folders and subfolders find the needed one and click on it.
5) In the right column you'll see the chosen folder's content as a list of files. Most files in the 'File area' have special notes explaining which version this file is used for. Click on the small arrow opposite to the file name, a dropdown will show you the note.
6) If you want to download something, click the necessary file name and the system will offer you to save it on your local PC. Specify the destination and cick the "Save" button. The file will be stored in your file system then.
7) If you need to upload a file from your PC to the 'File area', use the 'My files' folder. In the right column click the 'Upload files' link and the system will offer you to specify the file location using the 'Browse' button. Do it and click the 'Upload' button. The file will appear in the 'My files' folder then.
8) "Ticket attachments" folder contains files that you and our staff have uploaded in tickets in the communication center.
File Area structure. X-Cart
X-Cart folder. - "X-Cart 4.1.x (current version)": contains files for the latest X-Cart release. The distribution files are stored in subfolder "Distribution kits". - "X-Cart supporting files for prev versions": there are upgrade files, security patches, manuals, add-ons (if you purchased any) for older X-Cart versions. "Miscellaneous" subfolder contains additional program files for different X-Cart versions.
File Area structure. LiteCommerce
LiteCommerce folder: - "Add-ons (commercial)": distribution files for commercial add-ons - "Add-ons (free)": free add-ons files - "LC 2.2.35 (current version)": distribution files of the latest LiteCommerce version, including documentation files - "LC supporting files for prev versions": hotfixes and upgrade scripts for older LiteCommerce versions and 'Upgrade instructions'.
Sales-n-Stats folder: provided to all customers, if you did not order a license you have access to Sales-n-Stats free edition stored in this folder.
This section holds a list of software licenses assigned to you. It allows to:
- register installed software
- change URL a software is licensed to use at
- transfer a license to a 3rd party
- get upgrade packs
This section holds a list of projects/tasks associated with your stores. It allows to:
- monitor how projects are progressing
- communicate to Qualiteam engineers
- perform task acceptance
Use this section to purchase products or services.
In the 'Invoices' section there are invoices awaiting payment. Once you purchase something, a receipt appears in the 'Orders' section.
This section holds the list of purchases you made with Qualiteam.
This section contains records of liabilities.
This section holds a list of users associated with your X-Cart Account.
Allows to monitor your performance in Qualiteam affiliate program.
This section should be used in case you are dissatisfied with the product or service, actions or lack of action by the Qualiteam or its staff.
How to transfer the license to another party?
You should submit a request to transfer your license:
- go to 'My licenses' section of your X-Cart Account;
- click 'Transfer' link opposite the license you are going to transfer;
- fill in the fields in the request form: URL to which the license is transferred; 'company information' (the company which the license is transferred to); 'Account information' (the information on the person who will manage the license after it is transferred); number of TS-points being transferred along with the license;
- click 'Transfer' button.
NOTE: if you are transferring your license to a person, who has Qualiteam Account, you should select 'existing customer' option in field 'Transfer to'. Then enter 'Primary contact person E-mail:'.
How to transfer skin/add-on license?
You should submit a request to transfer your add-on or skin license:
1. Go to 'My licenses' section. Click 'Transfer' link opposite the license, to which the skin/add-on you are going to transfer is registered.
2. The list of the add-ons is in section 'Select products'. Click 'Uncheck all'. Choose add-on(s) you want to transfer.
3. In drop-down box 'License key': - if you are moving the add-on to one of your licenses, you should select the license key from the list; - if have several licenses of your own and are going to transfer the add-on to another company/person, you should select "Other company license" and type the license key in the field below. - if have only one license of your own and are going to transfer the add-on to another company/person, you should just type the license key in the field.
4. (optional) Submit a number of support points you would like to transfer with the add-on.
Click 'Request license transfer'.
NOTE: you can transfer a skin/add-on license only to a person, who already has X-Cart or LiteCommerce license.
What is the 'Priority' select-box?
When opening a regular ticket (not HotRush) you can assign a priority level to the issue to specify the order in which you would like your inquiry to be processed: Major: the issue should be addressed asap, Normal: not that urgent, but a faster reply is preferred, Minor: you agree to wait the guaranteed turnaround time - 24 hours.
You can change the priority level while the ticket is in progress (open 'ticket properties' and select another option from the 'Priority' drop-down).
Your tickets are graded and processed by our staff according to the assigned priority levels. If, however, the problem brooks no delay you should mark the ticket as HotRush.
NOTE: in order to prevent the misuse of the Major priority level we put the following restriction on the system. The more Major tickets you open the lower priority your account has. That is, if you choose to assign the Major level to all your tickets the actual average priority level of your account will be Normal. Contrariwise, if most of your tickets are 'Minor' the average priority level for your account will be higher. When you are in need of urgent assistance you will always be able to change the ticket level to Major or Normal and to have it processed asap.
I received your notification but when I login to the Communication center, the message is not there
Usually it takes some time for our messages to be replicated on your side. The automatic notifications are sent out immediately after new message is posted. Therefore if you login to check new message right after you receive a notification you are not able to view it because it has not appeared in your Qualiteam Account yet. You can place your answer then (as you have the text of the message in the notification) or wait for 20 minutes.
If you'd like to keep your store updated and secure, to be notified on all new releases and special offers, you have an opportunity to subscribe to our company newsletters. Please log in to your Qualiteam Account, go to the 'Manage accounts'->'Edit self profile' page. At the bottom of the page there is the 'Newsletter' section with 5 options:
- Company news:
- Promotions and special offers:
- Security alerts and advisory:
- About new products and releases:
- Minor releases and updates (high volume):
Tick the checkbox opposite the necessary option(s). Then you'll be regularly informed on the desired subject.
How to accept the transferred license?
1. Go to "My licenses" section. The license has 'Not accepted' status currently.
2. Click "Accept" link. The Agreement terms will appear. Read them carefully so that to avoid possible misunderstandings in future.
3. You should accept the agreement terms by submitting a signature. The signature is any number of characters, any name you want (it could be your name or the name of your neighbor) which is to be entered with two slashes (/) along the edges for ex.,
After the procedure is completed all distributives, patches and documentation will appear in your 'File area'.
How to buy a new license (add-on, techsupport, etc.)?
Purchases are made via 'Buy products/services' page of your Qualiteam Account. Click on the 'List of available Products and Services' and the new page will offer you different licenses, add-ons, skins and services. Next to selected product click 'Order online' button and follow the procedure.
How can I let my represetative (e.g. webmaster) use the message board and the forum?
To authorise some representative of yours in the Qualiteam Account, you should create a secondary user account for this person connected to your account.
Go to the 'Manage accounts' section -> 'New account' tab. Fill in the profile with the person's contact info. His/her email adress will become his/her Qualiteam Account login.
By default, secondary user accounts are able to use the message board, to navigate through the FAQ section. But they do not have access to most of the sections ('Manage accounts', 'File area', 'Orders', 'Invoices', 'Buy products/services', 'My licenses', etc.). Thus secondary accounts are not permitted to manage serious business issues. All they can do is to hold correspondence via 'Communication center' and take part in forum threads.
How to change my license URL?
If you would like to change the license URL, please follow the steps below:
1) go to the 'My licenses' section;
2) click the 'Change URL' link opposite the necessary license;
3) fill in the the request form:
- insert your new URL;
- tick the checkbox "I understand that I have to remove the software from 'the_old_URL' in 48 hours after the license is reissued";
4) Click the 'Request to change license URL' button. You may cancel the request as well.
In case of any error/typo in the new URL you can edit your request:
1) in "My licenses" section click again on 'Change URL' for the same license; 2) you will see your request form with the license URL field available for editing. Correct the record and click 'Request to change license URL'.
Information on the license URL changes will be recorded in a log ticket in the 'Communication center' - "LOG: License URL modifications."
Further actions for LiteCommerce users:
Now that you have changed the license URL of your store and have got the confirmation from us, you are able to change your cart's URL and use this new license in the admin area (Admin area / License).
Here's a brief instruction on what steps you should perform in order to launch the store at the new URL. Please be sure that you complete all the stages as they are all obligatory.
1. You will find License Certificate in your Qualiteam Account at https://secure.qtmsoft.com Go to 'My Licenses' section. There is 'Certificate' link next to the corresponding license entry. Copy all the text in the 'License certificate:' window and insert it on "Licenses" page of your LiteCommerce admin area. Your license has two parts (customer information and license). You should copy the whole text (both parts).
2. Also you should correct 'host settings' in the configuration file: /etc/config.php
[host_details] http_host = "www.yourhost.com" https_host = "www.yourhost.com" web_dir = "/"
After that your cart will be working on new domain.
For X-Cart users:
You should correct host settings in the configuration file: /config.php
$xcart_http_host ="www.yourhost.com"; $xcart_https_host ="www.yourhost.com"; $xcart_web_dir ="";
After that your cart will be working on new domain.
Why can't I see the software files in the "File area" section?
Please check which of the below reasons refer to your very case.
1) Your product license currently has the "Pending" status (can be checked in the 'My licenses' section). This means that your purchase hasn't yet been verified. As soon as the billing manager processes your order, the software will become accessible for you.
2) You are logged in a secondary user account (can be checked in the 'Manage accounts' section). This means you aren't allowed to access the software. Please ask the owner of primary Qualiteam Account to download the files.
3) Other cases are specific and you need to post a request to 'Communication center'. A responsible person will inform you on the exact reason of the software unavailability.
How to transfer the license?
If you would like to transfer your license, please follow the steps below:
1) go to the 'My licenses' section;
2) click the 'Transfer' link opposite the license you are going to transfer;
3) fill in the fields in the request form: - URL to which the license is transferred; - 'company information' (the company whom the license is transferred to); - 'Account information' (the information on the person who will manage the license after it is transferred); - number of tech support points being transferred along with the license;
4) click the 'Request license transfer' button and follow the procedure.
How should I settle my invoice?
Enter your Qualiteam Account and go to the 'Invoices' section. Find the neccessary invoice (look through the 'Description' field which explains what this invoice is set for). Click on 'Pay' opposite the necessary invoice. Follow the procedure carefully and you'll be finally redirected to the 2CO site where you are supposed to finish the transaction.
Why My file area is empty?
If you have just purchased the license, your order may not have been processed yet by our billing department. Usually it takes up to one business day. As soon as the order is verified you will get access to the software files. Our billing manager will contact you in the 'Communication center'.
If you are an old customer, you should ensure that you did not transfer your license(s) to another company. Access to the software files is closed when no licenses are registered in an account.
Otherwise, please, contact our customer service the 'Communication center'. We will check your account.
How to change hosting plan?
If you would like to upgrade your hosting plan to a more advanced or a longer one please submit a sales ticket in your Qualiteam Account -> Communication Center, our sales team will assist you with the change.