Revision as of 15:17, 15 January 2010 by Ivka (Created page with 'The 'General settings/Appearance options' page allows you to adjust preferences that affect the overall appearance of your store. == Pagination options == * '''Products per pag…')
The 'General settings/Appearance options' page allows you to adjust preferences that affect the overall appearance of your store.
- Products per page: The maximum number of products which can be displayed on a category page in Customer area (Remember that pages with a lot of products take longer to load).
- Products per page (admin): The maximum number of products which can be displayed on a Search results page in Admin/Provider area.
- Orders per page (admin): The maximum number of orders which can be displayed on a Search results page in Admin/Provider area.
- Users per page (admin): The maximum number of users which can be displayed on a Search results page in Admin area.
- Maximum navigation pages: The maximum number of pages which can be displayed in a navigation bar.
- Select the order in which products should be displayed within a category: The order in which products are sorted within a category.
- Possible values: SKU, Product, Default, Price.
- Note: The SKU option is only available when the 'Display product code (SKU) in the products list' option is enabled.
- Sorting by SKU arranges products in a category so their SKU numbers increase towards the page bottom (in case of alphanumeric SKUs, the alphabetic part is also sorted from A to Z); sorting by Product arranges products so their names are set out alphabetically; selecting the Default order arranges products so their positions within a category are defined by the POS. field values set for specific products; sorting by Price arranges products in the order of increasing price.
- Display subcategories list in multiple columns: This option allows you to specify how subcategories must be displayed within a category. If this option is enabled, the subcategories are displayed in multiple columns. If this option is disabled, the subcategories are displayed as a list (one below another).
- Show the number of products in categories: If enabled, your customers can see the number of products in each category.
- Show quantity in stock: If enabled, your customers can see the quantity in stock for each product.
- Show quantity selector as input textbox: If enabled, the quantity selector is displayed as an input textbox. If the option is disabled, the quantity selector is displayed as a selectbox.
- Maximum number of selections in quantity selectbox: The maximum number of items a customer can see in the quantity selectbox for each product (This number corresponds to the largest number of product items which a customer can add to the shopping cart at a time).
- Enable 'Buy Now' button in the products list: If enabled, a 'Buy Now' button is added below each product description in the Products list. Customers can use this button to add a product to the shopping cart directly from the Products list without going to the Product details page.
- Display products list in multiple columns (1-3) (leave empty to use standard format): The number of columns (1-3) in which products are arranged in the Products list.
- Display only featured products list in multicolumn format: If enabled, multicolumn format is used only for featured products. This option has priority over the option 'Display products list in multiple columns (1-3)', so if you want products in the Products list to be arranged in multiple columns, be sure to unselect the 'Display only featured products list in multicolumn format' check box.
- The section 'Send to friend' on the Product details page is enabled: If enabled, your customers can see the 'Send to friend' section on the Product details page of each product and use this section to send information about the product to their friends.
- Display product code (SKU) in the products list: If enabled, your customers can see the SKU of each product in the Products list.
- Maximum thumbnail width and Maximum thumbnail height: The maximum width and height of thumbnail images of products and categories.
- Maximum product image width and Maximum product image height: The maximum width and height of product images displayed on Product details pages.
Date / time format
- Select date format: Format that is used for displaying date in all the places in your store where date is displayed.
- Select time format: Format that is used for displaying time in all the places in your store where time is displayed.
- Time difference between shop location and host server location (hours): The time offset between shop location (the location of the store administrative staff responsible for handling orders) and the location of the host server on which X-Cart is installed (a difference in hours expressed as a positive or a negative value; is calculated by subtracting of server time relative to GMT from shop location time relative to GMT). Setting this option allows the store administrative staff to control placement of orders by customers in real time.
Cart & Checkout
- Display detailed cart totals information: Specifies whether product options must be displayed as a product link title on all checkout pages, on the last checkout page only or never.
- Allow to update product quantity on the checkout pages: If enabled, your customers can edit the quantity of product items in their shopping cart after the beginning of checkout.
- Display costs for all the shipping methods: If enabled, an expected shipping cost is displayed next to the name of each shipping method in the 'Delivery method' list on checkout.
- Print order invoices on separate pages: If enabled, each order invoice is printed on a separate page when you print multiple invoices. You can unselect this check box to be able to print multiple invoices on the same page.
- Restore the language of the interface after editing multilingual data: If enabled, the original language of the store back end is automatically restored as soon as administrator finishes editing multilingual data (like international product descriptions) and leaves for some other place in the store interface. If this check box is unselected, administrator has to reset the interface language manually using the language selector.
- Select active language from: This option controls the way the active language is selected in the customer area. Select from drop-down select box, single-line select box (text), and single-line select box (icon).
- Enable printable version of categories and products pages in customer area: If enabled, a printer-friendly version of category and product pages is available to your customers.
- Input and display format for floating comma numbers: Allowed format for input and display of floating comma numbers.
- Display template variables in the debug pop-up window: If enabled, smarty template variables will be displayed in the debug pop-up window.
- Display estimated template compile time: If enabled, the estimated time of template compilation is displayed.