X-Cart:Facebook Tab Manual Installation
To install the Facebook Tab module manually:
1. Copy the distribution package you have downloaded to the X-Cart root directory on your server or hosting account.
- If you use a Windows-based server or a UNIX-based server without terminal access:
- a) Extract the contents of the archive with the Facebook Tab module files to a directory on your system using your favorite compression program (WinZIP or any other archiver that supports TAR files).
- b) Use an FTP client to upload all the files extracted from the archive (retaining the directory structure) to the X-Cart root directory on your server or hosting account.
- If you use a UNIX-based server with terminal access:
- a) Use an FTP client to upload the archive with the Facebook Tab module distribution package to the X-Cart root directory on your server or hosting account.
- b) Decompress the package by typing the following command:
tar -xzvf fbtab-x.y.z.tgz
2. Copy the Smarty files from the "<x-cart>/fb_tab/templates/" directory to:
- "<x-cart>/skin/common_files/" directory for X-Cart 4.4.x
- "<x-cart>/skin1/" for X-Cart 4.1.x, 4.2.x, 4.3.x
<x-cart> stands for the directory, where your X-Cart is installed.
3. Apply the SQL patch via Patch/Upgrade center:
Go to the "Apply SQL patch" form and apply the SQL queries from the "XCART_ROOT_DIR/fb_tab/sql/fbtab.sql" file.
Then, in the same way, apply the SQL queries from the "XCART_ROOT_DIR/fb_tab/sql/fbtab_lng_US.sql" file.
4. Installation completed.