X-Cart allows you to keep logs of different kinds of events which occur in your store (like operations on products and orders, or errors in receiving real-time shipping rates). It can also send email messages to notify you about events which occur in the store while you're away.
The 'General settings/Logging options' page provides a list of event types which can be identified by X-Cart and allows you to define how each of these event types must be handled.
At present, the event types which can be identified by X-Cart include the following:
- Backup/restore database - database backups and restorations;
- File operations via the store interface (upload, copy, delete) - file operations performed using X-Cart interface;
- User activity with secured data - this includes the following:
- - password changes (any password changes, including requests for password regeneration using the 'Forgot password' feature);
- - changes of option values in the General settings section, activation and deactivation of modules;
- - decryption of credit card info, including decryption status (successful/failed);
- - removal of credit card info with the 'Remove Credit Card information' tool from the 'Summary/Tools' section;
- - administrators' login/logout, failed login attempts;
- - creation/deletion/editing of administrator and provider profiles.
- Initialization of logs - creation of new log files;
- Order deletion - removal of orders;
- Order status modification - order status updates;
- Orders export - instances of orders export;
- Product deletion - removal of products;
- Errors in receiving realtime shipping rates - errors of realtime shipping modules;
- Online payment processing errors - errors of payment gateways that occur during online payment transactions;
- Debug messages - debug messages;
- GD extension errors - GDlib function errors and 'function is disabled' messages;
- Online payment checkout processing notices - notices of successful online payment transactions resulting in order statuses changed to 'Processed', 'Pre-authorized' or 'Queued';
- Errors in the decryption of data - details of data decryption failures;
- Benchmark reports - internal benchmark messages.
- HTML catalog generation - Import/Export of data - Tools - Payment info uploading
These operations take a long time, and as a result the benchmarking data take too much memory allocated to PHP.
- XSS injection attempts - details of XSS injection attempts, if any.
To adjust your store's logging options, do the following:
1. On the 'General settings/Logging options' page, specify what X-Cart must do about each type of events:
The drop-down box opposite each event type provides four options: do nothing, log only, email only and log and email. Adjust the values of all the drop-down boxes so they define what action must be performed by the system with regard to each specific event type:
- do nothing stands for "do not write information about events of this type to the log file and do not send notifications about such events by email",
- log only stands for "write information about events of this type to the log file",
- email only stands for "send notifications about events of this type by email",
- log and email stands for "write information about events of this type to the log file and send notifications about such events by email".
2. If you have enabled email notifications for any event types, specify the email addresses to which log notifications must be sent:
Into the field 'Notification email addresses (use ',' to separate multiple email addresses)', enter a list of email addresses separated by commas.
3. Click the Save button to save the changes.