Difference between revisions of "X-Cart:MultiCurrency"
|Line 84:||Line 84:|
== Using MultiCurrency ==
== Using MultiCurrency ==
To get started with MultiCurrency, go to the <u>Currency management</u> page and set up the currencies
To get started with MultiCurrency, go to the <u>Currency management</u> page and set up the currencies to in your store.
Revision as of 11:37, 21 February 2012
MultiCurrency is an add-on that allows using multiple currencies at customer's front end. The module features:
- Changing your online store's default currency.
- Defining any number of additional currencies.
- Automatically displaying prices in your customers' local currencies.
and much more.
To be able to successfully install and use the MultiCurrency module, you must have a working copy of X-Cart Gold or X-Cart Pro already installed on your server. Make sure that the version of the MultiCurrency module matches the version of your copy of X-Cart.
Installation and removal
These instructions on both installing and removing the MultiCurrency module are the same for both X-Cart Gold and X-Cart Pro.
To install the MultiCurrency module to your X-Cart based store:
1. Obtain a distribution package for the MultiCurrency module by downloading it from the File Area section of your X-Cart Account account. The distribution package is archived in the file x-multicurrency-x.y.z.tgz, where x, y and z indicate the version of the module. Make sure the version of the module matches the version of your copy of X-Cart.
2. Copy the distribution package to the X-Cart root directory on your server or hosting account.
- If you use a Windows-based server or a UNIX-based server without terminal access:
- a) Extract the contents of the archive with the MultiCurrency files to a directory on your system using your favorite compression program (WinZIP or any other archiver that supports TAR files).
- b) Use an FTP client to upload all the files extracted from the archive (retaining the directory structure) to the X-Cart root directory on your server or hosting account.
- If you use a UNIX-based server with terminal access:
- a) Use an FTP client to upload the archive with the MultiCurrency distribution package to the X-Cart root directory on your server or hosting account.
- b) Decompress the package by typing the following command:
tar -xzvf x-multicurrency-x.y.z.tgz
3. In a web browser, run the installation script at httр://www.example.com/install-xmulticurrency.php, replacing the variable www.example.com with the real domain name, where your X-Cart is installed.
4. Enter the Auth code, accept the License Agreement and click the Next button.
5. The installation script copies the files and activates the module. Click the Next button to continue.
6. The installation script generates a new system fingerprint. Click the Next button to complete the installation.
7. Use the ADMINISTRATOR AREA link to log in to the Admin area.
To uninstall the MultiCurrency module:
1. In a web browser, run the installation script at http://www.example.com/install-xmulticurrency.php, replacing the "www.example.com" with the real domain name, where your X-Cart is installed.
2. Choose the Uninstall the module option, enter the Auth code, accept the License Agreement and click the Next button.
3. Once the installation script has removed the MultiCurrency files and deactivated the module, click the Next button to complete the uninstallation.
4. On the Uninstallation complete screen, click Next to leave the Wizard.
Enabling MultiCurrency module in X-Cart
Once you have installed the MultiCurrency module, enable it in the X-Cart Admin area.
To enable the MultiCurrency module:
1. Log in to the X-Cart Admin area and go to the Modules section (select Settings -> Modules on the administration menu).
2. On the list of modules, find the "MultiCurrency" item and select the check box by the item's name.
3. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click the Apply changes button to apply the changes.
To get started with MultiCurrency, go to the Currency management page and set up the currencies to be used in your store.