Before you receive payment notifications from PayPal, you need enable IPN in your PayPal acount settings. IPN URL should be blank.
- Login to your PayPal account
- Click on the Profile subtab
- Click on the Instant Payment Notification Preferences link in the 'Selling Preferences' column
- Check the checkbox and make sure that the notification URL is blank
- Click Save
- You have successfully activated IPN
Then perform the following actions to configure PayPal in your X-Cart.
You should check whether one of HTTPS bouncers (OpenSSL, HTTPS-cli, Net:SSLeay, libCURL or CURL) are installed on your host.
- Go to the "Summary" section of the admin interface and check whether at least one of the softwares is installed: OpenSSL, HTTPS-cli, Net:SSLeay, libCURL or CURL.
- Go to the "General settings" section of the admin interface and adjust the "Preferred HTTPS module" dropdown box according to the software installed on your host. The 'libCURL' option is the best if it is installed.
- If you have more that one of the softwares (OpenSSL, HTTPS-cli, Net:SSLeay, libCURL or CURL) installed try to adjust each of them till the problem disappears.
Further to instructions on how to setup PayPal in the admin back-end of x-cart.
For X-Cart v3.x
- Enter your PayPal account settings under the "General settings -> PayPal options" section of the admin interface.
- Enable PayPal under the "Payment methods" section.
For X-Cart v4.x
- Login as administrator to your store
- Click on Payment methods
- Add PayPal from the list of available payment gateways. Section "Payment gateways" at the bottom of the page
- When PayPal was added, Click on Configure.
- On the configuration page enter your account info.
- Enter "Payment for". This is description of the products from your store. You can type in any value
- Select currency
- Enter order prefix.