About Summary page
X-Cart provides a page with a summary of information about the store - the so-called Summary page. You can use this page to learn about the current state of your store and to find out whether there are any inconsistencies in the store configuration. Depending on your access level, you may be able to view the following information:
- The store's Auth code;
- License info;
- General info;
- Payment methods info;
- Environment info.
To access the Summary page, do one of the following:
- If you are an X-Cart GOLD administrator/provider or an X-Cart PRO administrator: Click on the link 'Summary' in the Administration menu.
- If you are an X-Cart PRO provider: Click on the link 'Summary' in the Settings menu.
Information about each of the sections on the Summary page is available below.
The top section of the Summary page provides your store's Auth code. It is a key code used to prevent unauthorized access to X-Cart's installation script install.php. When you re-install X-Cart, install an add-on or change your store's skin set, X-Cart requires you enter this code.
This section includes X-Cart's copyright information and provides two links:
- a link to the text of X-Cart's License Agreement,
- a link that you can use to verify your X-Cart license status.
This section tells you the following:
- Single Store mode status (enabled or disabled)
- This entry is displayed only in X-Cart PRO. It shows whether Single Store mode is enabled.
- Your store's open/closed status
- This entry shows whether your store is currently open to visitors or closed.
- Date of your store's latest database backup
- If your store's database has ever been backed up using X-Cart's 'DB backup/restore' page, this entry displays the date when the backup was performed. The link 'click here to backup >>' displayed in this section allows you to go to the 'DB backup/restore' page.
- Information on the number of products with a zero price
- This entry tells you how many of your products have a zero price. The link 'click here to check >>' allows you to view the list of products that have been detected to have a zero price.
- Orders info
- This subsection provides a table with information about orders. In this table, you can see the number of processed, failed/declined, not finished and queued orders for specific periods (Since last login / Today / This week / This month).
- Shipping methods info
- This subsection tells you the total number of enabled shipping methods and provides a table displaying the number of enabled shipping methods per carrier.
- Shipping rates info
- This subsection tells you the total number of defined shipping rates and provides a table displaying the number of defined shipping rates per carrier. It also tells you the status of real-time shipping rates calculation (enabled or disabled).
Clean URLs info
This subsection provides information about missing clean URLs. It tells you the overall number of products, categories, manufacturers and embedded static pages in your store and tells you, how many objects of each type do not have a clean URL value. If your store has any objects for which clean URL values are missing, you can use X-Cart's 'Generate clean URL values' tool to generate the missing clean URL values. The 'Generate clean URL values' tool is available in the 'Summary/Tools' section of the store's Admin area (See the section Generate Clean URL Values).
Payment methods info
This subsection tells you whether the payment methods enabled at your store can be used on your system.
This subsection provides information about your store's environment.
Directories that need to have write permissions
This subsection tells you the status of directories that must have write permissions.