X-Cart:UPS Developer Kit
- 1 What UPS Developer Kit module does
- 2 Roles in UPS Developer Kit module management
- 3 Enabling and Configuring 'UPS Developer Kit'
- 4 Setting up International Shipping
- 5 Setting up Dimensional Shipping
- 6 Troubleshooting
- 6.1 UPS Developer Kit & Registration wizard: getting error "Sorry, license agreement is temporary unavailable. Try again later."
- 6.2 UPS not showing up as a shipping option for customers during checkout
- 6.3 The administartor is logged out when registering at UPS Developer Kit
- 6.4 UPS Developer Kit: "There are no shipping methods available" error
- 6.5 UPS Developer Kit: "Invalid UserId/Password (errorcode: 250002)" error
- 6.6 Can not get rates for 'UPS Standard to Canada'
- 7 FAQ
What UPS Developer Kit module does
The module UPS Developer Kit enables UPS real-time shipping rate calculation at your store.
Roles in UPS Developer Kit module management
If you are an X-Cart GOLD administrator/provider or an X-Cart PRO administrator:
- You can enable/disable UPS Developer Kit module, perform UPS Developer Kit registration and configure the module settings
Enabling and Configuring 'UPS Developer Kit'
To begin using the module:
1. Make sure your store meets the system requirements for installing and using UPS Developer Kit module. The following components are required:
- EXPAT extension for php;
- HTTPS module like Net:SLeay, libCURL, CURL, Open SSL or HTTPS-cli.
2. Enable UPS Developer Kit module (Administration menu->Modules).
- When the module is enabled, a link 'UPS Developer Kit' appears in the Settings menu of the Admin area of your store.
3. Register your UPS Developer Kit with UPS:
- Go to the 'UPS Developer Kit' section of your store (Settings menu->UPS Developer Kit). You should see a dialog box titled 'UPS Developer Kit - Main page'.
- Click the Register button. UPS Developer Kit Licensing & Registration Wizard will be launched to guide you through the registration process.
- Complete the registration:
- At Step 1, click the button Next to proceed with the registration.
- At Step 2, read the UPS Technology Agreement.
- If you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of this Agreement, select 'Yes, I Do Agree' and click on Next. If you do not agree to accept the terms and conditions of the Agreement, select 'No, I Do Not Agree' and click on Next (In this case you will exit the registration process).
- At Step 3, provide your registration information. The address you provided in General settings->Company options is automatically entered into the registration form. However, you can provide a different address and contact info (manually or using the Fill From Profile button).
- Make sure you have completed all the fields and entered your valid email address before you click the Next button.
- Step 4 informs you of the successful completion of the registration process:
- Click the Finish button to return to 'UPS Developer Kit - Main page'.
4. Adjust your store to use UPS Developer Kit:
- Ensure that the option 'Real-time shipping calculation' is enabled and the option 'Intershipper calculation services' is disabled in General settings->Shipping options section.
- Again, go to the 'UPS Developer Kit' section of your store. After you have registered your UPS Developer Kit with UPS, a Configure button appears in the 'UPS Developer Kit - Main page' dialog box:
- Click this button. A dialog box titled 'UPS Developer Kit Rates & Service Selection' opens.
- Complete the fields in the 'Rates & Service Selection OnLine Tool' and 'Address Validation OnLine Tool' subsections of the 'UPS Developer Kit Rates & Service Selection' dialog box.
- Click the Update button.
Setting up International Shipping
Some of the international shipping services offered by UPS may depend on other UPS services. If you are planning to use such shipping methods in your store, it is important to resolve these dependencies first. Otherwise X-Cart will not be able to estimate UPS shipping charges in the real-time mode.
To resolve the dependencies, you need to activate the generic UPS services along with the shipping methods that you are planning to use. For example, UPS Express Saver (SM) depends on UPS Saver. Therefore, to get shipping charges for UPS Express Saver (SM) estimated you need to activate both UPS Express Saver (SM) and UPS Saver.
To activate UPS shipping services:
- Log in to the Admin area.
- Go to the Shipping methods section (Management menu -> Shipping methods).
- In the 'Shipping methods' box, click on the UPS link to expand the list of available shipping methods.
- Select the check boxes for the methods you want to activate.
- Click the Update button.
- UPS Express Saver (SM)
- UPS Worldwide Saver (SM)
- UPS Worldwide Express Saver (SM)
Otherwise these methods will not be available for customers.
Activate "UPS Standard" shipping method to be able to offer the "UPS Standard to Canada" shipping method to customers.
Setting up Dimensional Shipping
X-Cart now provides a packaging algorithm that allows splitting an entire purchase into multiple packages that fit the limitations (maximum package weight and dimensions) imposed by a certain shipping service. This algorithm allows to get real-time shipping rates even when the cart contains a large quantity of products with the total weight and dimensions exceeding the values allowed for a single package.
With the Dimensional Shipping feature, you can specify dimensions for each product you have got at your store (See the Product details page) and use those dimensions for calculating shipping rates using the on-line real-time shipping rate calculation services like UPS, USPS, FedEx, etc.
Enabling Dimensional Shipping
To enable Dimensional Shipping:
1. Select Settings -> General settings on the administration menu and then click on the Shipping link on the Сore options pane at the right.
2. On the Shipping page that appears, select the Use product dimensions for shipping rates calculation check box under General shipping options.
3. On the same page, under Dimensions of the shipping box for small items (for real-time shipping), specify the length, width and height (in inches) for the default shipping box. These dimensions are used by the calculator when no product-specific dimensions are provided.
4. Click the Apply changes button.
Defining product dimensions
To define dimensions of a product:
1. Sign in as provider and select the product to be edited.
2. On the Product management page, select the Use the dimensions of this product for shipping cost calculation check box.
3. In the Shipping box dimensions group, specify the length, width and height of the product, in inches.
4. Select the Ship in a separate box option to set shipping the product in separate boxes, then specify the Quantity per shipping box, i.e. how many pieces of the item can be placed in a single shipping box.
5. Click the Apply changes button.
Checking dimensional shipping settings
To check dimensional shipping settings:
1. Open the directory where your X-Cart is installed in a file manager and then open the file config.local.php in any plain-text editor.
2. In the config.local.php file, uncomment or type the following code:
<?php define("PACKAGING_DEBUG", "Y"); ?>
3. Save the modified config.local.php file in the directory where your X-Cart is installed and test your shipping calculator with the new settings.
This constant adds comments on the performance of the packaging routine at the bottom of the UPS calculator page. View those comments in an HTML source viewer and determine whether your dimensional shipping settings work as expected.
When you are done testing, don't forget to comment out or delete the debug string from the config.local.php file.
First make sure that your X-Cart copy is registered. To learn how to do this see this article. When your X-Cart has been registered, perform the following steps:
- Log in your store back-end.
- Go to the "Summary" page, "Environment info" section.
- Check if any HTTPS modules are available.
- Go to the "General Settings" page.
- Switch the "Preferred HTTPS module" option value to any HTTPS module that is available on your server (according to step 3).
- Try to register UPS Developer Kit again.
- If the error still persists, repeat steps 5-6 until resolved.
UPS not showing up as a shipping option for customers during checkout
1) Try to re-register UPS Developer Kit in your X-Cart admin back-end, as described in the Enabling and Configuring 'UPS Developer Kit' section, step 3.
2) Apply the following SQL patch ( wonder how to apply SQL patches?):
DELETE FROM xcart_shipping_cache;
If the problem still persists, please contact our tech support for assistance.
The administartor is logged out when registering at UPS Developer Kit
When trying to register at "UPS Developer Kit" the administrator is redirected to the /admin/error_message.php?access_denied&id=37 page.
The issue is caused by some strange glitch in MySQL due to which the headers were corrupted..
In order to fix the issue add the following code to init.php file:
db_query("set names latin1");
UPS Developer Kit: "There are no shipping methods available" error
Affected version: X-Cart v.4.1.9
Using UPS online shipping, no matter what settings are used in the admin area, the following error message keeps appearing:
"There are no shipping methods available" (http://www.yoursite.com/error_message.php?error_no_shipping) as soon as anyone tries to checkout.
You can then click view cart and see the shipping method selected.
Solution: upgrade your X-Cart up to the 4.1.12 version.
UPS Developer Kit: "Invalid UserId/Password (errorcode: 250002)" error
Affected version: X-Cart v.4.3.2 and older.
When using UPS Developer Kit, the following error message appears at checkout:
"Error:(250002) Invalid UserId/Password"
In case the "Use negotiated rates" option is NOT enabled (Settings menu -> UPS Developer Kit -> Configure button), try to re-register UPS Developer Kit in your X-Cart admin back-end, as described in the Enabling and Configuring 'UPS Developer Kit' section, step 3. If the problem still persists, please contact our tech support for assistance.
In case the "Use negotiated rates" option is enabled, please follow the steps described in this article: How to enable UPS Negotiated Rates in my store?
Can not get rates for 'UPS Standard to Canada'
You should enable both 'UPS Standard to Canada' and 'UPS Standard' shipping methods in the 'Shipping Methods' section of the Admin area.
How to enable UPS Negotiated Rates in my store?
When you register UPS Developer Kit in your store, you will get default credentials (UserID, Password and AccessKey) from UPS. These default credentials are associated with your Shipper Account Number, but do not allow to use negotiated rates, unfortunately.
To enable Negotiated Rates in your store, please follow these steps:
a) Make sure your Shipper Account Number is qualified for Negotiated Rates. Please contact UPS for assistance in getting your Shipper Account Number approved for Negotiated Rates.
Once your Shipper Account Number is qualified for Negotiated Rates, proceed with the next step.
b) Find the following lines in the "<xcart_dir>/shipping/mod_UPS.php" file:
$UPS_username = text_decrypt(trim($config["UPS_OnLine_Tools"]["UPS_username"])); $UPS_password = text_decrypt(trim($config["UPS_OnLine_Tools"]["UPS_password"])); $UPS_accesskey = text_decrypt(trim($config["UPS_OnLine_Tools"]["UPS_accesskey"]));
and replace them with these lines:
$UPS_username = "UserID"; $UPS_password = "Password"; $UPS_password = "AccessKey";
Where "UserID", "Password" and "AccessKey" are corresponding UserID, Password and AccessKey qualified for Negotiated Rates and associated with your Shipper Account Number. Please contact UPS to obtain these credentials.