X-Cart:User Profiles Options
The 'General settings/User Profiles options' page allows you to configure the set of fields included into your store's user profile forms ('Profile details' forms used by different types of X-Cart users - administrators, providers, customers and X-Affiliate partners - to provide information about themselves). There is a separate column 'Customer at checkout' which defines the set of fields displayed to a customer on the checkout page, whereas 'Customer' defines the set of fields on the 'Profile details' page of 'My account' section.
Configuring the set of fields included into your store's user profile forms
You can define which of the user profile fields should be active (included into the user profile forms), and completion of which fields should be required (mandatory). Required fields will be marked by a red asterisk (*) sign so the store users know they are mandatory for completion; a special validation routine will ensure that all the required fields are completed by a user before the form is submitted.
To configure the set of fields included into your store's user profile forms:
- Select the check boxes in the 'Active' column opposite the names of the fields you want to be available for completion.
- Select the check boxes in the 'Required' column opposite the names of the fields you want to be mandatory for completion.
- Click the Save button below the list of user profile form fields to apply the changes.
Adding custom fields to a user profile form
If the set of fields for user profile forms provided by X-Cart does not meet all of your needs, you can create your own fields for use in user profiles.
Since version 4.4, custom fields can be added to the Additional information and Personal information sections only.
To add a custom field to the 'Profile details' form:
- Select the language you want to be used in the newly created profile field from the 'Current language' drop-down box at the top right of the page.
- Scroll down to the 'Additional fields' section of the 'General settings/User Profiles options' page.
- Use the input box in the FIELD NAME column of the 'Add new field' subsection to enter a name for the field you wish to add.
- Use the drop-down box in the SECTION column of the 'Add new field' subsection to select a section of the user profile form to which the new field must be added (Shipping Address, Billing Address, Personal Information, Contact Information or Additional Information).
- Use the drop-down box in the TYPE column of the 'Add new field' subsection to select a type of field that needs to be added (Text, Check box or Selectbox)
- If you have chosen the Selectbox type, provide variants for the selectbox (use the ';' symbol as a delimiter).
- (Optional) Use the field in the POS. column to enter a position number of the field being created relative to the other additional fields (if any).
- Click the Add/Update button at the bottom of the form to save the changes. The new field should be added to the list of fields in the 'Additional information' section.
- Select the 'Active' and (optionally) 'Required' check box(es) opposite the newly added field. When checking additional information fields as "Active" for Administrators, the additional information fields will be available in the user profiles of administrator type, and administrators will be able to enter additional info when creating/modifying user profiles of administrator type.
When checking additional information fields as "Active" for Customers, additional information fields will be available in the user profiles of customer type, and customers/partners will be able to enter additional info when creating/modifying their profiles. Besides, administrators will be able to enter additional info when creating/modifying user profiles of customer type.
- Click the Save button below the list of the 'Contact us' form fields to apply the changes.