X-Cart:What's New in X-Cart 4.7
Design and appearance
- New "Light Responsive" skin
A new responsive and mobile ready skin - Light Responsive - has been added into all the packages of X-Cart Classic.
- Improved Checkout Workflow
On the checkout page the "Continue" button which used to be under the column with the buyer's personal info has been removed.
- In-context Checkout by PayPal
Evolved from the well-known "Express Checkout", PayPal's "In-context Checkout" is a new feature aimed at simplifying the checkout flow for your customers. With this feature the number of clicks for the buyer is decreased to 2 (or 3, if the buyer is not logged in to their PayPal account). A user is NOT taken to the PayPal site to complete the transaction — it all happens right on your website. Moreover, right on the page the customer is viewing, as it opens a minibrowser above that very page. If the transaction is successful, the customer is provided with an order confirmation; otherwise the customer is redirected to a regular checkout page so they can try again.
- A new module: Custom order statuses
The new module is available within the packages "GoldPlus" and "Platinum". It enables the store administrator to create custom order statuses. To add a new one, go to "Settings" - >"Order statuses".
- A major revision of AOM
- Payment method surcharge has become editable.
- The shipping method name can now be modified, too.
- Module re-factoring related to profile fields, taxes, discounts and other features.
- The second address line (Address Line 2) could not be removed. It has been fixed.
- Under certain circumstances the calculation of discounts and taxes was incorrect. Has been fixed, too.
- Email validation on the edit customer information page has been added.
- More fixes and improvements (See the Changelog for info).
- Smarty update
X-Cart 4.7.0 is not compatible with Smarty2 and requires Smarty3 for its operation. For more info, see Smarty3 update notes for stores upgrading to X-Cart 4.7.x