X-Cart Mobile Admin
What Mobile Admin connector does
This connector provides access from your mobile phone to the X-Cart database by a secure connection.
Why Mobile Admin?
To be able to successfully install and use the Mobile admin add-on module, you must have a working copy of X-Cart GOLD or GOLD PLUS version 4.4.2 or later installed on your server. Make sure that the version of the module is the same as the version of the installed copy of X-Cart.
To install the module:
- Obtain a distribution package for the Mobile Admin connector module by downloading it from the File Area section of your X-Cart Account. The distribution package you need is contained in the archive file x-mobile-admin-x.y.z.tgz, where x, y and z are the version numbers of the module. Make sure the version of the module is the same as the version of the installed X-Cart.
- Copy the distribution package to the X-Cart root directory on your server or hosting account.
- If you are using a Windows-based server, or a UNIX-based server without terminal access:
- a) Decompress the archive with the Mobile Admin connector distribution package to a directory on your system using your favorite compression program (WinZIP or any other archiver with support for TAR files).
- b) Use an FTP client to upload all the files contained in the archive (retaining the directory structure) to the X-Cart root directory on your server or your hosting account.
- If you are using a UNIX-based server with terminal access:
- a) Use an FTP client to upload the archive with the distribution package to the X-Cart root directory on your server or your hosting account.
- b) Decompress the package using the following command:
tar -xzvf x-mobile-admin-x.y.z.tgz
- Important: Make sure you keep the directory structure while unpacking and uploading the distribution package, otherwise some necessary files may be overwritten!
- In a web browser, run the installation script httр://<YOUR_XCART_DOMAIN>/install-mobile-admin.php replacing the variable <YOUR_XCART_DOMAIN> with the actual domain name of your X-Cart store.
- Enter the Auth code, accept the License Agreement and click Next.
- The installation script patches the files and activates the module. Click Next to continue the installation.Note: If you are using a custom skin, you will need to manually apply the patches to it. Otherwise, the module will not work in this skin.
- The installation script generates a new system fingerprint. Click Next to complete the installation.
- Use the ADMINISTRATOR AREA link to log in to the Admin area.
Enabling the Mobile Admin module
After the Mobile Admin connector module installation has been completed, the module is enabled and working.
You can disable/enable the module as follows:
- In Admin area, go to the Modules section (Settings menu->Modules).
- Choose the Mobile Admin module by selecting/unselecting the respective check box on the left.
- Click the Apply changes button. This activates/deactivates the module.
Configuring the Mobile Admin connector module
After the Mobile Admin connector module has been enabled in your store just go to Mobile admin configuration page and follow a small configuration wizard.
Mobile Admin FAQ
Q: I've installed the connector but ....
A: Please try to ...