The 'General settings/Company options' page allows you to provide your company details and contact information.
- Company name: The name of your store.
- The value entered into this field replaces the dummy text 'Your Company Name' everywhere in your store:
- in the 'Shop name' element of the Page Title in all your store's pages;
- in the phrase "Welcome to Your Company Name" appearing on the main site page;
- in the breadcrumb navigation bar (in 4.3 only).
- It also appears as the name of your company in order invoices.
- Store name: The address (URL) of your company website. The value of this field is included into the signature in email notifications.
- Year when the store started its operation: The time since when your company is in business. The value of this field is used as the initial year in all the drop-down boxes used for year selection; for example, in the field for selecting the time period when searching for users or orders, in the field for specifying the validity period for a discount coupon, etc.
- Company phone: The phone number which your customers should use to contact your company. The value of this field is displayed in the site header in the Customer area and is included into the signature in email notifications.
- Company phone 2: The alternative phone number. The value of this field is displayed in the site header in the Customer area.
- Company fax: The company fax number. The value of this field is included into the signature in email notifications.
Company location address
The address specified in the 'Company location address' section on the 'General settings/Company options' page is used for real-time shipping calculation:
- In X-Cart GOLD and GOLD PLUS, this address is used as the origin address for all orders.
- In X-Cart PLATINUM and PRO, this address is used a) as the origin address for the orders shipped from providers that do not have a seller address specified in their user profile; b) as the default origin address when testing the store's ability to receive real-time shipping rates.
- Company address: The street address of your company.
- Company city: The city where your company is located.
- Company state: The state where your company is located.
- Company zip/postal code: The zip/postal code of the area where your company is located.
- Company country: The country where your company is located.
X-Cart can track different types of events that occur in your online store and send notifications about these events to the members of your store staff. The 'Company emails' section allows you to specify the email addresses to which the notifications will be sent.
By default, all the fields in this section contain the email address that was specified during the X-Cart installation. And all the notifications are sent to this address. If the store staff responsible for processing the notifications consists of more than one person who have separate email addresses, or you simply want to use different email addresses for different types of notifications, you need to enter a different address for each type of notifications.
X-Cart allows you to specify 4 company email addresses:
- Site administrator email address: for notifications about incorrect and potentially unsafe GET and POST requests to the site, SQL and login errors, notifications sent by the built-in Maintenance Agent.
- Users department email address: for notifications about newly created, modified and deleted user profiles.
- Orders department email address: for notifications about placed orders and changed order statuses, product quantity warnings etc.
- Help/Support department email address: for messages submitted through the 'Contact Us' and 'Ask a question about this product' forms.
Starting with X-Cart version 4.6.5 it is possible to specify your company name in the above email address fields. The format is as follows: Your Company Name <email@example.com>.
The exact set of notifications that you will receive at the company email addresses can be readjusted in the 'General settings/Email notifications options' section of the Admin area. For details, study section ' Email Notifications Options' of this manual.
Company "From" email
- "From" email address: Email address to be inserted into the From header of customer initiated email messages sent by your store. This does not have to be a real email address, but the domain name part of the address specified here needs to be the same as the domain name of your store. For example, if your store domain is www.store.com, you can specify the "From" email address as firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Why use this field: In an X-Cart based store, email messages initiated by customers (like notifications about placed orders to the orders department or messages posted via the 'Contact Us' form) by default are sent on behalf of the respective customers, i.e. with the customer's email address in the From header. It is known that some spam filters block email messages which have in their From header an email address with the domain name part not matching the domain name of the server from which the email message originated. The '"From" email address' field allows you to specify an email address to be automatically pasted to the From header of customer initiated email messages sent from your store if the domain part of their original From header email address does not match the domain name of your store. Defining a '"From" email address' ensures that your store's customer initiated email messages are not blocked by spam filters because of mismatching domain names. Note that after the replacement of the customer's email address contained in the From header with the address defined in the '"From" email address field, the customer's email address is retained in the Reply-To header.
Starting with X-Cart version 4.6.5 it is possible to specify your company name in the Company "From" email address field. The format is as follows: Your Company Name <email@example.com>.