After you have upgraded your LiteCommerce, check its main components by accessing both Customer and Administrator Zones, making a trial purchase at your store and performing various administrative procedures to make sure that the store is fully operational.
If your store has add-on modules installed, you can activate them after a successful installation. To do so, log into the Administrator Zone, navigate to the 'Modules' section of the 'Settings' menu and activate the disabled add-on modules. Check your store functionality again.
If your store demonstrates abnormal behavior in the Administrator or Customer Zones, SQL errors or other problems, you can revert your LiteCommerce software back to the previous version by restoring it from the backup. Depending on how your store backup was created, you can either use LiteCommerce Control Panel for Windows to restore the backup, or take the following steps to restore it manually:
1. Restore all PHP scripts and templates from 'litecommerce-backup.tgz' file.
- If your server is UNIX-based and you have access to the command line, issue the following command in UNIX shell:
- where 'litecommerce-backup.tgz' is the file containing the full backup of your store's functional components and 'litecommerce_dir' is the installation directory of your LiteCommerce software.
- If your server is Windows-based or you have a UNIX-based server without access to the command line, use FTP client of your choice to upload the backup of LiteCommerce installation directory from your local computer.
2. Restore the database. This maintenance procedure is described in full detail in the section "Backing up and Restoring the Database".