X-Cart:Putting PayPal to Work with X-Cart
If you wish to use PayPal payment method at your X-Cart store, you need to follow these steps:
1. If you haven't yet done so, obtain a verified PayPal business account.
2. Apply and get approved for Website Payments Pro.
(This step is required only for Website Payments Pro. Should not be performed for Website Payments Standard or Express Checkout used as an additional payment option):
3. Set up your API access.
(This step is required for Website Payments Pro and for Express Checkout used as an additional payment option):
- See ' Setting up Your API Access'.
4. Add PayPal to the list of your store's active payment methods.
5. Adjust PayPal configuration settings on the PayPal configuration page in X-Cart.
6. Enable IPN (Instant Payment Notification) in your PayPal account settings (to be able to receive payment notifications from PayPal):
- Login to your PayPal account.
- Click Profile on the My Account tab.# Click Instant Payment Notification Preferences in the Selling Preferences column.
- Click Edit IPN Settings to specify your listener’s URL and activate the listener.
- Specify the URL for your listener in the Notification URL field, for example: httр://www.example.com/xcart/payment/ps_paypal.php
- Click Receive IPN messages (Enabled) to enable your listener.
- Click Save.
- You have successfully activated IPN.
If, after trying one PayPal solution, you decide to switch to a different one, you can readjust your PayPal configuration.
If, after enabling PayPal payment method at your store, you decide not to use it, you can delete it.